This doll is approximately 40 years old. It was my doll when I was a little girl.
This is what we did with this doll:
- My mother and I sew a wedding dress on the doll. All the appliqués and pearls were hand sewn one by one. We also made the fan flower arrangement and the veil.
- My mother on the day of the wedding carried the doll to the limousine car that was going to transport me to the church.
- The doll and I went to the church. (I held her and many wonderful thoughts cross my mind to personal to write her!)
- When my dad helped me out of the limousine car the doll stayed in the limousine car.
- We had the ceremony and when all was done and we returned to the limousine car and the doll was already removed (my mom took it) which to her represented that I was now a married girl and my attention is to my husband and the family that would come and not the fantasy of playing with dolls. (Sssshhhh… I still love to buy and play with dolls. This is a new tradition that I plan to do with my daughters or future daughter in law).
|Close-up of appliqué|
|Front of dress|
|Sleeve and Waist details|
|Veil Flowers and Pearls|
|Fan Flower Bouquet|
|Back view of the Fan Flower Bouquet|
|Veil Over Head Face|